Every time I have to get back to JMeter for load testing, I tend to forget the steps to setup my client. So this time taking notes so it saves me time in future.
1. Open a new instance of JMeter
2. Under Test Plan, add a HTTP Header Manager to set the content type by navigating to Test Plan > Add > Config Element > HTTP Header Manager. Add new value for Name = “Content-Type” and value = “application/json” (without quotes).
3. Under Test Plan, add a thread group by navigating to Test Plan > Add > Threads (Users) > Thread Group
4. Under Thread Group, add a sampler of type HTTP Request by navigating to Thread Group > Add > Sampler > HTTP Request
5. You can add various listeners to the Thread Group. I prefer Results in Table/Tree by navigating to Thread Group > Add > Listener > View Results in Table